December is a favorite time of year because of all the cool, fun, holiday things to do! Check out my seasonal favorites!
5. Enjoy holiday lights, either on foot or via car, at one of the many holiday lights displays, such as Columbia, MD's Symphony of Lights. Keep an eye out because often there is a specially designated dog-walking night!
4. Check out Christmas decorations at an historic mansion. I was swept away by the holiday decorations at Hamption Mansion, in Towson, MD! Many historic house museums will gussy themselves up for the holidays, so go back to your favorite place and enjoy the festive decorations of years past!
3. Check out holiday lights and Christmas decorations at Longwood Gardens, proving that Longwood Gardens is good to visit almost year round!
2. Blow a glass ornament. Check with your local glass blowing studios, since many will do this. We went to Montgomery County's Art of Fire Contemporary Glass Studios. This was a kid favorite, but you know what? It's pretty cool for adults too!
1. Go to Christmas markets in New York City and watch the ice skaters at Bryant Park. The city is dressed in its holiday finest for the season. While you're there, swing down to 34th Street and catch the department store windows displays!
Check out the blog's FB page for updates on places we've visited and blogged about: facebook.com/midatlanticdaytrips!
Have you daytripped somewhere interesting? I'd love to hear what you're doing! Email [email protected] if you're interested in being a guest-blogger!